10 Interview Tips
You’ve written a winning resume and cover letter and now it all boils down to the..."Interview." Will you be able to compete for the final job offer?
Check yourself on these 10 Top Tips for interviewing success:
- Learn more about company activities - the more you know about the company and what it stands for, the better chance you have of selling yourself in the interview.
- Interview Attire- select what to wear to the interview. Depending on the industry and position, get out your best interview clothes and check them over for spots and wrinkles.
- Be Prepared -bring along a folder containing extra copies of your resume, a copy of your references and paper to take notes.
- Timing is Critical – Do not be Late! Allow extra time to arrive early, enter the building 10 to 15 minutes before the interview.
- Be Enthusiasm - a firm handshake and plenty of eye contact demonstrates confidence. Speak distinctly in a confident voice.
- Listen - make sure you are not only listening, but also reading between the lines. Sometimes what is not said is just as important as what is said.
- Answer the Question Asked - make sure you understand what is being asked, and get further clarification if you are unsure.
- Give Specific Examples - one specific example of your background is worth 50 vague stories. Give examples that highlight your successes and uniqueness.
- Ask Questions - the questions you ask indicate your interest in the company or job.
- Relax and be yourself - it is important to appear confident and cool for the interview. One way to do that is to be prepared to the best of your ability.
- There is no way to predict what an interview holds, but by following these important rules will be ready to positively present yourself.