Visa and Work Permit
VISA TO AZERBAIJANI
If you are traveling to Azerbaijan you need to obtain an appropriate visa. Only citizens of Russia and CIS countries (except Turkmenistan) do not need a visa to enter Azerbaijan.
There are several types of visas available:
- Tourist visa
- Business/Student visa
- Visitor visa
- Transit visa
Entry visas are issued on a single, double or multiple entry bases only.
- Single entry (validity from 3 to 30 days)
- Double entry (validity from 3 to 90 days)
- Multiple entry (validity from 30 to 90 days)
* Please note that for multiply entry visas are valid for 1 year with the duration of stay for no more than 3 months. Foreigners willing to stay in Azerbaijan for the entire year should request temporary residence permission at the State Migration Service. Double entry visa is valid for three months and authorizes to enter and stay in Azerbaijan for up to 90 days.
For getting a business visa you will need to get an official letter of invitation from a receiving party (potential employer, business partner or university) should be authorized by Consular Department of the MFA that will fax approval letter directly to the embassy where you plan to obtain your visa. Applicant should get a copy of approval letter from receiving party that they get from Consular Department of the MFA. Approval letter should bear a reference number that you will need to quote in your visa application. Consular Department of the MFA processes LOIs( letter of invitation) within 3-4 working days.
REGISTRATİON UPON PLACE OF STAY OF FOREIGNERS AND STATELESS PERSONS ARRIVING İN THE REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN
From April 1, 2013 foreigners and stateless persons arriving in the Republic of Azerbaijan for a period of more than 3 days should get registered according to amendments made to the Law №582-IVQD of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated on March 5, 2013 on “Making amendments to the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan on “Registration upon place of residence and stay”, the Law №583-IVQD of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated on March 5, 2013 on “Making amendments to the “Regulation on application of the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan on “Registration upon place of residence and stay” and the Law №584-IVQD of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated on March 5, 2013 on “Making amendments to the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan on “Approval of “Regulation on special documents of stateless persons permanently residing in the Republic of Azerbaijan and foreigners intending to reside in the Republic of Azerbaijan for more than 30 days”.
For this purpose upon arrival of a foreigner or a stateless person at a hotel, sanatorium, rest home, boarding house, camping, tourist base, hospital, any such public place, apartment or other living space, administration of that place or owner of the living space (“receiving party”)should submit application form on registration upon place of stay of a foreigner and passport copy of that person personally or via mail, e-mail (email@example.com) to the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan within 3 days.
Application forms can be obtained from the State Migration Service and post offices throughout the country. Electron Application form is available on internet information resource (www.migration.gov.az) of the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
After reception of the Application form the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan immediately registers the foreigner upon place of stay and presents written notification to receiving party within 1 working day.
Foreigners are registered for the following period:
- Persons arriving upon visa - for the period of stay indicated on visa.
- Persons arriving under visa-free regime – for 90 days.
State duty is not paid for foreigners’ registration upon place of stay.
When foreigners leave the place of stay receiving party should give information about it to the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan and upon this information they are removed from registration. Upon expiry of registration period foreigners are considered as removed from registration. When a foreigner changes place of stay he/she should get registered upon place of stay in the aforementioned way.
In order to obtain temporary residence permit foreigners and stateless persons can apply to the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan at least 22 working days before expiration of the temporary staying or residing period.
GRANTING WORK PERMIT TO CARRY OUT PAID LABOUR ACTIVITY IN THE TERRITORY OF THE REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN TO FOREIGNERS
The application must contain followings:
- For juridical persons – name of the juridical person, organizational- juridical form, juridical address.
- For physical persons – name, surname, patronymic, data on the identity document (serial, number, time of issuance and issuing authority, address).
- Foreigner’s name, patronymic, surname, citizenship, permanent residence address, date and country of birth, sex, profession, data on labor activity in the last 5 years, position and address of work place.
- Notarized copy of the document confirming possession of expert of the required educational or professional qualification to implement intended work.
- Reference affirming the necessity to recruit the expert for intended work place.
- Copy of the relevant document giving the right to stay in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan to foreigners residing in Azerbaijan for other reasons.
- Foreigner’s health certificate as well as the medical certificate about not being infected by any of contagious diseases (Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, Hepatitis B and C viruses, neuropshycological reference ) included in the list approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
- Employer: If a juridical person – the notarized copy of regulation and certificate on state registration; If a physical person - the notarized copy of identification document and certificate on taxpayer’s registration;9. Notarized copy of foreigner’s identification document.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO GRANT TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMISSION TO FOREIGNERS AND STATELESS PERSONS IN THE REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN
- Application form (annex) to grant temporary residence permission - 1 pcs.
- The copy of passport or any other substituting document of foreigners and the document confirming the identity of stateless person.
- Notarized or other equally certified document confirming the existence of the cases giving basis to grant temporary residence permission.
- Foreigner’s health certificate as well as the medical certificate about not being infected by any of contagious diseases (Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, Hepatitis B and C viruses) included in the list approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
- Copy of the relevant document giving right to foreigners and stateless persons to reside and stay in the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- 2 photos (3x4cm), against red background.
- Notarized written consent of children aged 14-177.
- Notarized copy of the document giving basis on moving to the place of residence (extract on the state registration on the property right from the state register of real estate, certificate, rent or tenancy agreement or other document specified by the legislation of the Republic of Azerbaijan);Application of the person who provides the citizen with the place of residence (notarized and addressed to the State Migration Service Chief).
- Notarized copy of the identity card of the person who provides the citizen with the place of residence;Receipt on paid state duty (the duty is paid when temporary residence permission is given).