Guba & Khinalig Tour
Guba Khinalug Tour, Xinaliq the most beautiful and interesting village of Azerbaijan, located in the Lesser Caucasus mountains. By some defini¬tions Xınalıq (2335m) is Europe’s highest village.
Duration: Approx. 12 hours
Start time: 08:00 - 09:00
Meeting point: Double Gate (Old City Baku)
- Pick up from hotel or from any address in Baku (Additional charge)
Double Gate (Old City Baku)
- Drop off to hotel or to any address in Baku (Additional charge)
Guba & Khinalug Tour
10:00 Visit the beautiful Khizi region (Xizi) and its mountains and landscape. On the road we will have a chance to see the City of Sumgait, the famous Chemical Industry and second biggest City of Azerbaijan Republic. Sumgait had one of the famous Chemical Industry in Soviet Union.
12:00 Tour to Guba region. On the road we will see cities like, Siyazan, Shabran while going to Guba city.
15:00 Visit to Khinalig village (Khinalug, Xinaliq), the most beautiful and interesting village of Azerbaijan, located on the Lesser Caucasus mountains. On the road to stop to drink tea with local sweets of Guba region.
Amid sheepy Caucasian foothills and dra¬matic canyons lie Azerbaijan’s grandest mountain panoramas and its most fasci¬nating villages. By some defini¬tions Xınalıq (2335m) is Europe’s highest village. The whole scene is often mag¬ically wrapped in spooky clouds that to reveal 360-degree views of the surrounding Caucasus.
Apart from examining the one-room museum and gazing at the hypnotic views, the main attraction is meeting and staying with Xınalıq’s hardy shepherd folk who have their own language (Ketsh). Bring warm clothes – nights can be cold.
Places to see in GUBA KHINALUG TOUR:
• Beshbarmag Dag (“five fingered mountains”) - Atop a super-steep grassy ridge, Beshbarmag Dag is a distinctive split crag whose mystical crown of phallic rocks at¬tracts (mostly female) pilgrims.
• Road to Kihanalug
• Chaygoshan - One of the most dramatic stretches of the Quba–Xınalıq road starts when it enters a deep, narrow canyon at around Km 34.5. It emerges over 2km later at an uninhabited grassy picnic spot called Chaygoshan, where there are two seasonal tea places in an achingly beautiful valley. A small bridge across the river at Km 37 leads 4km up a very rocky track to the spooky village of Qriz.
• Qalay-Xudat - For an appealing but easy, permit-free round-trip hike from Xınalıq following the Quba road back 8km to Km 48.5, climbing up the side lane to the at-tractive little village of Qalay Xudat, then following the unpaved upper track back to Xınalıq high above the valley.
Price for the tour per person start from -85 AZN
The price for program will be flexible as the price also depends on the chosen restaurant and menu.