- Manage the planning, coordination and delivery of medical services and doping control programs in the competition and training venues in the Village Cluster of venues (Opening and Closing Ceremonies, Athletics, Gymnastics; Artistic, Trampoline, Rhythmic, Acrobatics and Aerobics).
- Develop detailed operational plans for venue medical services for the client groups.
- Work with BEGOC functions and BEGOC planning processes to ensure these plans are integrated into Games time delivery
- Work with the Doping Control Senior Manager on the plans for the Doping Control Programs in each venue and for each sport
- Recruit venue medical and doping control managers in conjunction with the Senior Manager for Doping Control Program and the Head of Medical and Antidoping from local candidates.
- Assist and liaise with the whole medical team and procurement team for the purchase of medical equipment and consumables.
- Assist in the development of training programs and practical sessions for spectator medical teams, athlete services and field of play medical teams
- Deliver training in venue prior to the Games for venue medical and antidoping staff
- At Games time support the venue medical and antidoping teams deliver services resolving issues promptly when escalated.
- Provide regular reports to the Head of Medical and Antidoping and escalate issues as appropriate.
- This list is not exhaustive and the Head of Medical and Antidoping may negotiate changes to the role from time to time during the planning and delivery phases of the Games.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
- Clinical training (e.g. Doctor, Physiotherapist, nurse) - essential
- Sport or multisport event experience - desirable
- An understanding of sport related medical interventions -desirable
- Experience of managing people essential
- Experience of managing health care services - essential
- An understanding of Doping Control Procedures – desirable
Interested candidates are required to send their resume to email@example.com indicating Village Cluster Medical and Antidoping Manager position in the subject of the letter.