- Support the Senior Manager Results -Timing & Scoring and Results Integration with detailed planning, design and operational activities for venues infrastructure and information systems for a number of sports. After transition to operational mode, the role will be responsible for managing the day to day Results operations on venue.
- Support the development and maintenance of Timing, Scoring and Results related venue project plans and progress;
- Liaise with the Sport Directorate regarding sport requirements, competition format, sport entries, field of play plans and other results related activities in order to plan the delivery of Results services for up to 3 sport disciplines;
- Work collaboratively with the wider Technology team and suppliers to coordinate the venue and technology planning required to deploy results services throughout all stages of venue planning, including the development of delivery plans and operational procedures;
- Ensure that all requirements specified by sport and the press are tested and integrated into the Results systems to be delivered by suppliers;
- Support the planning and delivery of all results services and operations required to conduct sport Readiness Events;
- Work to ensure that all requirements specified by sport and the press are tested and integrated by suppliers;
- Assist in the coordination in the installation of results equipment and systems at venues and ensure readiness for the start of competition for Readiness Events and the Games;
- Manage the delivery of competition results services at venues for to agreed levels of service;
- Resolve issues related to results service delivery by liaising with key clients;
- Manage the venue results team including suppliers and volunteers;
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
- Experience within a complex time critical technology, sport or event project environment;
- Experience of working within project phases of planning, deployment, operational readiness and operations;
- An understanding of all elements of results services is preferable;
- Demonstrate practical experience of requirements planning, capture and analysis including, but not limited to, software development;
- Demonstrate an aptitude for and comfort in working with technology and practical experience of software application testing, Requirements Analysis, and QA processes;
- An understanding of sport processes and rules particularly as they apply to international level elite competition is desirable;
- Demonstrate a track record of strong business skills to complement their technical skills including an ability to take a broad business, as well as technological, perspective in decision making;
- Demonstrate experience of managing teams of people and working with a variety of contractors, staff, volunteers and/or diverse stakeholders;
- Demonstrate an ability to plan, manage, review and prioritise personal workload and that of the team;
- Have an ability to work independently and as part of a large project team;
- Planning and operational experience of working in large multi-sport event or experience in a single sport event of significant size is desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills (English) – both verbal and written;
- Ability to work easily in cross-cultural working environments;
- Ability to thrive in highly pressured and stressful environments;
- Thorough and structured approach to organising own and others’ activities;
- Highly collaborative working style.
Interested candidates are required to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Results Specialist position in the subject of the letter.