- Providing support to the Area Manager/Country Manager, Finance Division and Operational team for smooth conduct of business.
- Review of charter parties and other legal contracts for financial implications
- Tracking asset utilization for maximizing revenues
- Cost control and recommendations for optimizing costs
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Responsible for maintenance of accounting records and monthly reporting.
- Ensuring compliances with statutory matters.
- Handling internal and external audit.
- Supervision of accounting staff.
Treasury and Forex Management
- Working capital management
- Collections and receivables
- Payment to Vendor
- Cash flow projections and planning
- Tracking currency exposures and advising division for obtaining forward covers.
Budget & Business Plan:
- Contribute to the preparation of the Accounts budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues and areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
- Support the FD in the process of planning, budget and control, preparation of consolidated statements and other group financial data and analysis thereon, providing support parameters and specific support for the financial area.
- Tax computations and filing of tax returns
- Compliance of tax laws as applicable
MIS, Systems & Procedures
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Monthly management accounts
- Operational MIS to unit and Division Finance
- Tracking and reporting asset utilization, capex and Dry-docks
- Systems and Procedures and compliance with authority manuals
- Qualified Chartered Accountant, CPA or ACCA or equivalent
- Must have minimum 10 years’ experience in Finance and Accounts of which at least 3 years should be as Finance Manager
- Must have experience in interaction at a Senior Management level.
- Expert knowledge in MS Excel and ERP package
- Working knowledge in JD Edwards preferred
- Microsoft Office ( Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Reporting Knowledge
- Negotiations skills
- Tax Knowledge
- Experience with JVs