- The Village Support Operations Logistics Specialist will work with the Village Supports Operations (VSO) Logistics Manager to help plan, manage, coordinate and control the execution of in-village logistics services.
- Assist the VSO Logistics Manager with the planning and delivery of logistics services throughout all operational phases at both the Athletes and Media Villages including Test Events.
- Provide bilingual support (English, Russian and Azeri) to the VSO team so to ensure smooth integration will all local stakeholders.
- Participate in the contingency and emergency planning of VSO.
- Support the management and assignment of VSO’s entire allocation of volunteer staff during Test Events and Games Time.
- To help manage the agreed Village/s BOH operations, controlling logistics compounds and associated areas.
- To assist the VSO Logistics Manager with the implementation and supervision of delivery schedules for bump-in, re-supply and bump-out of BEGOC installed FF&E at both AVL & MVL.
- Ensure in-village logistics operating plans are delivered at a premium level and where necessary working as part of a logistics crew to fulfil a range of duties including but not limited to; resident baggage movement, material distribution, resupply and restocking of village goods/supplies.
- Assist the VSO Logistics Manager in logging and managing village/s deliveries on a Master Delivery Schedule (MDS) daily.
- Supervise and support logistics crew, assistants and volunteers.
- Lead of the village logistics radio allocation, distribution and on-air traffic management during assigned shifts.
- Act as the Duty Manager when required.
- Work to resolve logistic related work orders during all operational phases.
- Any other duties assigned by the Villages Logistics Manager.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, multi-level, project based environment with emphasis on timelines and delivery
- Proven ability to adapt and be flexible in an rapidly changing environment
- Previous experience of working as part of a logistics crew/team
- The ability to remain flexible when faced with ambiguity or constant change
- Highly developed facilitation, communication and negotiation skills
- High level of proficiency with general Microsoft Office PC applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook. etc.)
- Previous experience of working on a large international event is an advantage
- Participates and engages effectively with others
- Able to multitask and willing to take on additional roles and tasks
- Earns respect and is respectful towards others
- Trustworthy and discreet; maintains confidentiality
- Helpful and supportive towards others
- Delivers for the team
- Open with everyone and takes time to talk to people
- Displays a clear vision and knows what they want to achieve
- Plans ahead and manages time effectively
- Thrives on continuous change and adapts positively
- Takes accountability and ownership of tasks and problems
- Tenacious and seeks to overcome obstacles and challenges
- Meets milestones and is committed to achieving a positive result
- Uses initiative to resolve matters within control and understands when to pass on relevant issues or incidents
- Follows rules and guidelines
- Provides quality work that is fit for purpose
- Shares knowledge and information with others
- Open and transparent
- Embraces and absorbs new information
- Consults widely
- Comes up with ideas and communicates these to others
- Deals with ambiguity
- Prepared to challenge information and bureaucracy
- Able to adapt style of communication and approach
- Communicates clearly and concisely
Commitment, Motivation & Drive:
- Embraces diversity and displays respect and loyalty to colleagues and the organisation
- Motivated and proud to be part of the experience
- Takes pride in personal development
- Professional and polite manner
- Approachable and welcoming
- Enthusiastic and displays keen interest in sport
- Games focussed and passionate about success of the games
- Positive attitude and optimistic
- Resilient, calm and in control of emotions
- Focussed on delivering exceptional customer service
Interested candidates are required to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Village Support Operations Logistics Specialit position in the subject of the letter.