- The Village Welcome Centre Specialist will work with the Village Welcome Centre Manager and the Village Support Operations Team to coordinate the Arrivals and Departures process of all athletes and team officials residing in the Athletes’ Village (AVL).
- Implement the Policies & Procedures for the Arrivals and Departures in the AVL.
- Implement the operating plan for Arrivals & Departures in the AVL.
- Assist with the Arrivals and Departures of the athletes and team officials.
- Assist with the transfer of the athletes and team officials to and from the AVL, as well as the In-Village transfer to and from their accommodation, during the Arrivals and Departures.
- Assist with the luggage and sports equipment handling during the Arrivals and Departures
- Assist with the flow of communication and exchange of the athletes and team officials arrivals and departures information.
- Coordinate the Village Welcome Centre Volunteers
- Responsibilities of this role will evolve during the lifespan of the Operation Committee and it is likely that the role profile will evolve with the changing needs of The Games.
- Ensure the Village Welcome Centre operations are delivered at a premium level and according to the Host City Contract and the EOC Guidelines
- Ensure integration of all Functions (FAs) within the AVL by maintaining clear regular communication channels
- Ensure adherence to AVL and Baku 2015 wide policies while maintaining a high level of customer service
- Responsible for managing the expectations of different stakeholders
- Responsible for Games-time management and troubleshooting of client needs
- A strategic thinker who possesses strong negotiating and tactical skills
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, multi-level, project based environment with emphasis on timelines and delivery
- Proven ability to adapt and be flexible in an rapidly changing environment
- The ability to remain flexible when faced with ambiguity or constant change
- Highly developed facilitation, communication and negotiation skills
- High level of proficiency with general Microsoft Office PC applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Participates and engages effectively with others
- Able to multitask and willing to take on additional roles and tasks
- Earns respect and is respectful towards others
- Trustworthy and discreet; maintains confidentiality
- Helpful and supportive towards others
- Delivers for the team
- Open with everyone and takes time to talk to people
- Shares knowledge and information with others
- Open and transparent
- Embraces and absorbs new information
- Consults widely
- Comes up with ideas and communicates these to others
- Deals with ambiguity
- Prepared to challenge information and bureaucracy
- Able to adapt style of communication and approach
- Communicates clearly and concisely
- Displays a clear vision and knows what they want to achieve
- Plans ahead and manages time effectively
- Thrives on continuous change and adapts positively
- Takes accountability and ownership of tasks and problems
- Tenacious and seeks to overcome obstacles and challenges
- Meets milestones and is committed to achieving a positive result
- Uses initiative to resolve matters within control and understands when to pass on relevant issues or incidents
- Follows rules and guidelines
- Provides quality work that is fit for purpose
Commitment, Motivation & Drive:
- Embraces diversity and displays respect and loyalty to colleagues and the organisation
- Motivated and proud to be part of the experience
- Takes pride in personal development
- Professional and polite manner
- Approachable and welcoming
- Enthusiastic and displays keen interest in sport
- Games focussed and passionate about success of the games
- Positive attitude and optimistic
- Resilient, calm and in control of emotions
- Focussed on delivering exceptional customer service
Interested candidates are required to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Village Welcome Centre Specialist position in the subject of the letter.