Purpose of Job:
The Electrical Engineer shall be responsible for the preparation
of design and engineering deliverables and the checking of deliverables
prepared by other technical personnel.Liaison with client technical personnel on technical requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility /Continuous Improvement
- Reporting to Division Manager or Deputy Division Manager;
- Electrical and Instrument design for FEED, Detail Design and As-building;
- Prepare design documents including P&ID’s;
- Checking of design documents;
- Review of vendor documentation and undertake package engineering;
- Has a good understanding of the project scope and performs
as a focal point for assigned projects;
- Site supervision (if requested).
Competence Assurance System Responsibilities:
- Complete the assessment induction process and checklist
in accordance with procedures;
- Actively participate in the Competence Assurance System and
personal development activities to confirm personal competence
within job role in accordance with procedures;
- Mentor the Junior Engineers and CAD operators with respect
to technical and project facilitation.
Responsible for complying with the requirements of the QA
and HSE Management System through working in accordance with all relevant,
Procedures, Working Instructions Workplace Precautions and
Risk Assessments detailed within the system.
In particular the Electrical Engineer is responsible for:
- Understanding and being familiar with the QA Policy and HSE Policy;
- Understanding and complying with the requirements of the company QA
and HSE Management System;
- Understanding and being familiar with local and international standards;
- Providing positive safety leadership to personnel under his control at all times;
- Understanding and implementing the requirements of all procedures,
Working Instructions and Workplace Precautions that are relevant to the job;
- Leading risk assessments and toolbox talks and complying with all relevant control measures;
- Ensuring he is competent and capable of performing his duties to the standards required.
- Report to D&E Division Manager;
- All members of Design & Engineering Division.
- Project staff;
- External auditors and regulatory authorities.
Degree level qualification in a technological discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years On site experience is required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Team player, good interpersonal skills;
- Creative, hard working and motivated;
- Customer focus skills;
- Capable of delivering against agreed milestones and targets.