To look after the security, safety and well-being of all Guests and Colleagues making sure they cause no harm to themselves and others due to unsafe conditions or unsafe acts. To train, educate and develop all colleagues and security officers in all aspects of security and safety.
- Implement, develop and continue all training on Fire/ Evacuation Response Plan including practical firefighting at the Hotel;
- Implement, develop and continue all training on Outside Threat Response Plans;
- Implement, develop and continue Crisis Management Plans;
- Assist and liaise with Engineering and Police on Crime Prevention;
- Responsible for upholding all security procedures and policies regarding outsourced outlets, bank and retail shops;
- Ensure Security team has updated training safety programs in place;
Maintain all Policies and Procedures and Local Standard Operating Procedures;
- Present Security and Safety presentation at Colleague orientations;
- Participate in all Health & Safety meetings and be a permanent member of the Health & Safety Team;
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement and development of the Security Department;
- Liaise with Government authorities and be familiar with all regulations;
- Control all security shifts professionally and responsibly.
- 5-7 years security management experience, preferably in a luxury hotel;
- Diploma/ Certification in a two-year minimum Law Enforcement or related Security programs;
- Thorough knowledge of Federal/Provincial/State/Municipal/County codes covering health & safety, fire, building, Innkeepers Act and Hospitality Law;
- Thorough knowledge of all operational aspects of a hotel security department and experience in handling administrative and managerial matters;
- Fire safety & First Aid certification;
- Strong leadership and communication skills;
- Analytical skills, strength as a developer and a leader of others are essential.