Reporting to the Director, Sales & Marketing, the Sales Manager is responsible for bringing new and return business to the hotel.
- To consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service;
- To ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers;
- To ensure the achievement of sales objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis;
- To solicit group, transient and/or banquet business through action plan preparation and execution;
- To establish parameters, quotes and negotiate prices, confirming by written contracts;
- To participate in tradeshows, conventions and promotional events within the hotel and trade related organizations;
- To maintain accounts, contact, activity and business details within the appropriate software applications;
- To work closely with Catering and Front Office to ensure all details of the contract were delivered and guests depart satisfied;
- To prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as required;
- To balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs;
- To follow departmental policies and procedures;
- To follow all safety policies;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous Sales experience required;
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications andor relevant computer applications required;
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required;
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities;
- Highly responsible & reliable;
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.