- Maintain and enhance the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Originate and lead Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards;
- Develop processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization’s business goals.
- Coordinate the implementation of people-related services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff.
- Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs through Human Resources staff.Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolve problems.
- Oversees and manages the work of reporting Human Resources staff. Encourages the ongoing development of the Human Resources staff.
- Selects and supervises Human Resources consultants, attorneys, and training specialists, and coordinates company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
- Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Participates in executive, management, and company staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Interviews management and executive position candidates; serves as part of the interview team for position finalists.
- Chairs any employee selection committees or meetings.
- Designs, directs and manages a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Manages a process of organizational planning that evaluates company structure, job design, and personnel forecasting throughout the company. Evaluates plans and changes to plans. Makes recommendations to executive management.
- Identifies and monitors the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the company’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Participates in a process of organization development to plan, communicate, and integrate the results of strategic planning throughout the organization.
- Manages the company-wide committees including the wellness, training, environmental health and safety, activity, and culture and communications committees.
- Keeps the CEO and the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Manages the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development.
- A minimum of seven years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- A professional qualification in HR/Talent Management/ Recruitment/CIPD.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement, preferred.
- Possess ongoing affiliations with leaders in successful companies and organizations that practice effective Human Resources Management.