Purpose of Job
To undertake the effective receipt, storage, movement and control of all materials to support the company. To liaise with Purchasing, user groups, contractors, third parties to ensure that all materials and equipment are marshalled and shipped in accordance with company procedures and internal controls.
The Material Controller shall have responsibility for customer project materials with regards to monitoring the supply chain activities and arranging for materials to be Bagged and Tagged at the supply base.Responsibilities:
The responsibilities, tasks and duties below are only a summary of the typical functions of the job and are not intended to be a comprehensive list. Other duties may be performed over time with the development of the Division and overall company priorities.
• Receiving, dispatching, packing and sorting of goods and materials in the warehouse and managing all warehouse related duties
• Controlling all stock including client owned material and rental assests on the Company ERP / stock system.
• Inspecting all incoming materials when necessary, ensuring that all items are recorded and any discrepancy is reported, progressed and resolved to minimize any potential impact
• Coordinating bagging and tagging of materials in accordance with offshore requirements prior to delivery
• Liaise with purchasing where and when necessary, to ensure systematic and organized materials supply and that all routine and priority delivery requirements are met.
• Coordinating the management and movement of materials in the supply chain (back loading, materials receipts, materials returned, etc.), including surplus materials, in accordance with company procedures.
• Perform various stock count tasks on a weekly, monthly or quarterly cycle to ensure accurate stock status
• Preparing and distributing inventory as needed
Ensure compliance with statutory regulations including Customs, COSHH, IMDG and IATA
Responsible for complying with the requirements of the QA and HSE Management System through working in accordance with all relevant, Procedures, Working Instructions, Workplace Precautions and controls mentioned in the Risk Assessments. In addition the incumbent is responsible for:
• Understanding the hazard profile of the Division/Department and the systems in place to ensure risks are adequately controlled
• Understanding the quality and HSE requirements in customer contracts and projects and ensuring they are met during delivery stage
• Managing and controlling risks at strategic levels and ensuring the workforce is trained and well informed
• Setting the tone in matters of HSEQ - setting standards that meet company or client QA & HSE requirements, abiding by them and seeing that others do as well
• Motivating and inspiring the workforce to overcome barriers and encouraging innovation
• Engaging the workforce in the promotion and achievement of safe and healthy conditions and quality requirements
• Communicating to the workforce their HSEQ responsibilities and holding them accountable
• Fostering a “just culture” and not tolerating poor health and safety attitudes or performance
• Getting involved by being visible at the worksites and making regular interventions to reaffirm the effectiveness of the QHSE Management system and demonstrating interest and care and concern
• Challenging risk perception, particularly for those tasks commonly referred to as “routine”
• Ensuring corrective actions are effectively implemented and learning's are shared and understood following an investigation of HSE incidents, quality non-conformities or customer complaint
• Regularly taking part in HSEQ meetings and annual reviews of the division/department’s performance and communicating matters of concern to the management teamHR and Continuous Improvement Responsibilities:
• Adherence to the procedures as laid down by the Human Resource Management System and to take an active part in the Performance Management Process and the Competence / Training Programme.
• To be a “team player” and supporting a culture of continuous improvement.
• To put forward suggestions for improvements and carry through agreed actions.Competence Management System (CMS) Responsibilities:
• Responsible for assuring the quality of competence assessments being conducted within their particular department. In particular:
• Ensuring that assessors in their responsibility have the necessary experience and occupational competence in the technical areas being assessed
• Ensuring that there is a consistent approach to the assessment procedure
• Providing support, advice and guidance to assessors
• Ensuring sufficient time is made available for the assessment process to be conducted effectively
• Ensuring that all assessments and candidates records are accurate, complete and maintained
• Maintaining all completed assessments and documentation in a secure and confidential manner
• Providing support to assessors in relation to the appeals procedures
• Identifying and developing examples of assessment best practice
• Conducting sampling of assessments completed by various assessors
• Attending meetings with other internal verifiers and assessors to ensure consistency and standardisation of assessment approach