Key Task :
Participates in and may lead the development and execution of sourcing initiatives. Develop and execute sourcing strategies in alignment with applicable market sector and commodity strategies. The role includes understanding the local business objectives and desired outcomes, engaging internal customers, understanding options and risks associated with supply chain activities, building supplier relationships in order to achieve superior supplier performance, negotiating commercial terms to deliver best value solutions, and the measurement/reporting of the value delivered.
· Provides a strategic contribution to top line agenda by shaping the PSCM agenda
· Works with relevant market sector and commodity managers to implement sourcing processes to ensure delivery of business plans
· Proactively operates across segments and company’s businesses to the wider benefit
· Routinely communicates openly and with integrity with key business stakeholders to align direction between PSCM and the internal customer directions
· Supports and delivers robust cost management and minimizes business risk via rigorous contract management control
· Understands business requirements for third party goods and services
· Supports and drives the full sourcing process which includes development of scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation, and contract execution
· Coaches the department team members
· Participates in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned
· Actively contributes to the transformation of procurement supply chain management
· Routinely project manages sourcing activities prioritizing and rebalancing against business objectives
· Supports as necessary, contractual terms and conditions for review by legal to minimize risk and maximize advantage
· Identifies value through effective ”strategic cost management” utilizing best in class methods
· Proactively builds external relationships with cross industry peers to benefit company
· Undertakes due diligence in mitigating all external supply risk from supplier selection through to contract execution
· Develop tracking system within established ERP system to monitor stock.
· Control of all freight and logistics.
· Proceed with Customs Duty Exempt certificate and add items to the Addendum list for the purchases done under PSA not forecasted in advance
· Maintain shipments cleared under temporary import/export customs regimes and proceed with prolongation or customs regime conversion before due date.
· Maintain records of AVL Suppliers’ documents/certificates, request for updated documents/certificates from Suppliers when they are due.
· Maintain gauge hire records.
· Close monitoring of the use and allocation of Bar Stock to jobs.
· Promote compliance with the company’s Code of Conduct.
· Improve the overall supply chain performance and look for any possible innovations to the process.
· Maintain contacts and liaise as required with the company Finance, QHSE, Work Shop and Operations department
· Setting & maintain safe stock and re-stocking levels.
· Coordinate with people in other company locations to compare pricing to ensure suppliers are maintaining acceptable levels of service.
· Regularly negotiates with suppliers to make sure the company gets the best possible prices on required supplies.
· Monitor all suppliers’ delivery and investigate any anomalies.
· Identify, implement and realise value through effective strategic cost management of Alloy Steel Bar contracts.
· Checks inventory, tracks how inventory is used, and adjusts purchasing habits in accordance with current trends
· Forecasts demand for certain products and makes orders accordingly
· Day to day control of all stock items.
· Expertise in utilisation / relationships between multiple data sources and the appropriate datasets necessary to fulfil data requirements / manipulation.
· Must be well rounded from a technology standpoint and should have a solid understanding of how different systems interface with each other (examples,.. SAGE, SAP, FOCUS).
· Strong customer focused background. Good interpersonal and communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with business team members and technical team members.
· To reject the non-conforming material received from the supplier and report through PIR
· To audit/evaluate the supplier to ensure they are complying with the quality requirements of Company.
Desirable Criteria, Qualification & Competency:
· Bachelor degree
· Minimum 10 years work experience in store keeping, material handling, stock control and purchasing.
· A good knowledge of computer MS Office and Databases
· Good in inventory management and document control while ensuring traceability.
· Familiarisation with customs importation and export regulations.
· Excellent communication skills In English language.
· Knowledge of relevant supply market
· Understanding of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) principles and Supply Chain Management elements
· Understanding of business strategies, performance plans, goals and objectives, and linkage to procurement strategies, goals and objectives
· Understanding of supplier relationships and products
· Understanding of procurement processes and P2P
· Ability to engage with front line supervisors and operators.
· Ability to manage multiple / conflicting priorities with a strong track record of delivery.
· Proactively takes initiative.
· Exhibits flexibility and adaptability in handling change.
· Strong impact, high level interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven capability to make contributions to teams and initiatives.
· Strong analytical skills.