Reports to: Country Manager/ SPV General Manager
The Finance Manager will be responsible for all matters with regards to the tax, financial and accounting control, ensuring the integrity of internal controls and accounting information in compliance with IFRS and local FRS and maintaining the integrity of the General Ledger (GL) in order to ensure accurate reporting of the financial results.
Financial Accounting and Audit
∙ Ensure the business transactions related to the project are maintained in the GL in full compliance with IFRS, local reporting standards and company financial policies and procedures.
∙ Ensure the accuracy, quality and timely closing of books.
∙ Review and approve the monthly accruals and provisions for accuracy and completeness.
∙ Ensure the integrity of the Oracle GL or similar system/data.
∙ Manage external audit process of periodical financial statements as per directives received.
∙ Coordinate with consultants on matters related to financial accounting and audit.
∙ Ensure financial control of periodical financial statements in line with relevant policies and requirements.
Managerial Accounting and Reporting
∙ Prepare cash flow forecasts, managerial financial reports, financial analyses, and budgets on a periodical basis as required by stakeholders.
∙ Prepare relevant reports and updates as required and to the set standards.
∙ Ensure the maintenance (update) of the financial models.
Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR)
∙ Review AP and AR works and reports to ensure compliance with company’s requirements.
∙ Manage AP and AR in line with agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
∙ Review invoice approval status and ensure processing timelines are being managed.
∙ Review month end AP and AR reports – performing reconciliation and ageing and follow up where required.
∙ Review and advise as appropriate on ad-hoc invoice and payment matters.
∙ Approve third party invoices to be entered in AR ledgers and required supporting documents.
∙ Ensure that tax reporting and payment are as per applicable laws, informing decision-makers of tax consequences of various business decisions.
∙ Ensure full compliance of tax reports with applicable laws.
∙ Manage the collection of receivables from tax authorities.
∙ Manage all activities and issues around external tax inspections.
Reconcile payments & bank accounts
∙ Review and approve the month end bank reconciliations.
∙ Follow up on and clear reconciling items on the bank reconciliations.
∙ Ensure bank deposits are reconciled and categorized correctly as deposit, short or long term restricted cash.
Maintain relations with stakeholders
∙ Maintain ongoing coordination and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that all project finance, tax, accounting and reporting requirements are met timely and effectively.
∙ Ensure adherence to shareholders’ agreement and delegation of authority.
∙ Fulfil all lenders’ information and other compliance requirements.
∙ Ensure the adherence to the restriction of the financing documents and project company requirements.
Comply with information security policies, procedures and requirements at all times
∙ Adhere to any applicable information security policies and procedures and identify and report security incidents and suspected weaknesses to the appropriate point(s) of contact.
∙ Protect assets under care (e.g. laptops and other devices) and information/credentials against unauthorized access, sharing, and/or damage/loss, in accordance with the Information Classification and Handling Procedure.
∙ Clear desks of all sensitive material and log off/ lock workstations at the end of the day and when leaving desk for a prolonged period in accordance with Acceptable Usage Policies.
∙ Ensure not installing, copying or modifying of any software on company’s equipment without authorization.
Support Quality Health and Safety Environment (QHSE) activities, policies and objectives of compnay and compliance with the laws and regulations of Azerbaijan.
∙ This includes participating (when requested) in QHSE audits, office inductions, incident reporting and review of QHSE performances as applicable
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject (business administration, finance, economics)
· Qualified accountant CA, ACCA or similar
· At least 8 years of experience in financial management, accounting or audit in major infrastructure projects, construction companies or big 4 accounting firms.
· Experience in project finance
· Fluent in English, Russian, Azerbaijani
· Good knowledge of ERP environment
· Excellent excel skills
· Deep understanding of the Azerbaijan tax and accounting regulations market
· Knowledge of Treasury, Payables, Receivables & MIS
· Business logic and commercial acumen
· Good knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
· Good knowledge of various accounting processes and a understanding of internal controls
· Good knowledge of financial analysis techniques and tools
· Good knowledge of legal and company law requirements
· Good knowledge of International auditing standards
· Knowledge of financial systems and applications
· Attention to detail
· Good communication and interpersonal skills leading to a consultative approach within a corporate / multifunctional environment
· Good understanding of dealing with lenders
· Inclusion & diversity - advanced
· Building effective relationships – advanced
· Driving performance – intermediate
· Resilience & agility – intermediate
· Creativity & Innovation – intermediate
· Impact & influence – intermediate
· Strategic mindset – intermediate
· Leading others – intermediate