About the Job
The armed and security forces (FAS) program assistant supports the implementation of the FAS IHL (International humanitarian law) program for the AZ Armed Forces.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides advice on cultivating relations with AZ Armed Forces (AZAF) units/institutions to the relevant departments of the Baku Delegation in coordination with the FAS Delegate.
• Actively contributes to the development of the annual FAS Programme following the Delegation’s annual plan of action.
• Support conducting FAS training programs on IHL for AZ Armed Forces members in Azerbaijan under the supervision of the FAS Delegate.
• Support the development, translation, and production of IHL publications for the AZ Armed Forces, as required.
• Develops and maintains a network of interlocutors throughout AZ Armed Forces in Azerbaijan at unit and HQ levels.
• Follows developments in MoD educational institutions (IHL-related courses, curricula, etc.)
• Actively participating in meetings and providing inputs on FAS-related issues
• Produces independently in-depth written analysis of dynamics within the AZAF, in support of the Company Baku Delegation.
• Ensures timely distribution of IHL publications to AZAF interlocutors.
• Maintains statistics for IHL courses and presentations conducted including numbers of personnel attending and names, as appropriate.
• Prepares, shares, and files documents concerning the FAS program and contributes to institutional reports as requested.
• Manage the FAS office and maintain an adequate stock of FAS training materials for use during courses and presentations.
• Be aware of the available budget for FAS activities and follow up actively on administrative and budget issues with his hierarchy.
• Responsible for administrative arrangements for the implementation of the FAS program per financial rules and internal procedures.