About the Job This is a full-time position with the duty station in Baku
The Protection Field Officer 1, under the supervision of the line manager, contributes to the implementation and monitoring of forensic and protection related activities for the BAK Forensic Unit, principally:
· Understanding of domestic laws, protocols, regulations related to the missing, forensic sciences and legal medicine in Azerbaijan and their compatibility with international laws
· Support to the planning, preparation, implementation, and monitoring of forensic activitiesSpecific Duties
- Provides administrative support for forensic programs and activities.
- Carries out forensic related activities as assigned under guidance and supervision of the line manager.
- Organizes the logistics and prepares materials for training courses and workshops.
- Supports organisation and coordination of forensic events with authorities.
- Ensures the delegation has sufficient forensic materials and publications.
- Contributes to analyses of the security, socioeconomic, cultural, and political environment relevant to the company, shares relevant information with team members, and reports any changes in the situation.
- Collects, compiles, and translates protection and forensic-related information, paying due attention to staff risk management requirements.
- Works effectively within relevant programs to advance issues related to humanitarian forensic action.
- Analyses data and contributes to written internal reports, including the presentation of statistical data; assists in institutional exercises relating to planning, budgeting, and monitoring of forensic programmes.
- Develops and maintains contact with the municipal/regional authorities, local/regional National Society branches, the local population, suppliers, etc.
- Cooperates on tools and mechanisms for data entry, best practices and prioritising areas for improvement, and training where necessary.
- Helps to prepare for, report, and follow-up on internal and external meetings and trainings.
- Ensures the sustainability of their work and puts in place a system for archiving their work for the purposes of institutional memory.
- Provides regular written and oral reports on activities
- Provides contributions to specific reports upon request
- Administration - Finance
- Ensures necessary administrative work is implemented on time
- Knows, applies, and complies with all the administrative procedures linked to her work (financial and HR such as appraisals, time reporting, budget follow up, etc.)
- Treatment of information
- Registers and treats information (general and specific) accurately and with confidentially